Acupuncture Therapy for Pets
Pet Acupuncture Therapy can Relieve Pain & Increase Energy Flow
Pet acupuncture therapy uses thin needles to stimulate your pet’s body to good health and is based on the principle that life energy, known as Qi or Chi, that flows from various organs can be interrupted by an injury or disease. It is thought that inserting very fine needles at certain points along the meridian or energy path can restore the beneficial energy flow.
Acupuncture can be used by itself or in conjunction with conventional methods. Benefits of acupuncture include:
- Relieves pain
- Stimulates the body’s natural defense systems
- Effective for a wide range of problems, including chronic diseases
- An alternative option when harmful side effects from a drug are a concern
- Can be used for conditions unresponsive to medications
- Can be used when surgery is not a feasible option
Please feel free to contact us here at Greenbriar Veterinary Hospital for more information about Pet Acupuncture or call us at (301) 874-8880.